Adapted from healingcuisinebyelise.com
Makes 16 cookies
· 2 cups almond flour
· 1 tablespoon cinnamon
· ¼ teaspoon sea salt
· ¼ teaspoon baking soda
· 2 tablespoons xylitol
· 5 tablespoons coconut oil or raw butter, melted
· 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
· 30 drops pure liquid stevia
· 1 cup dark chocolate chips (or 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with unbleached parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, cinnamon, sea salt, baking soda and xylitol.
3. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, stevia and vanilla extract (and maple syrup if not using chocolate chips).
4. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients, stirring until well combined.
5. Add chocolate chips.
6. Take tablespoon sized scoops of the cookie dough, form into a circle in your hands.
7. Place onto the cookie sheets. Use the bottom of a canning jar or coffee mug greased with coconut oil to press out each cookie into a circle, about ¼ inch thick.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on the pans for 10 minutes before moving to cooling rack. Let cool completely on cooling rack.
(To change it up a little---do not put xylitol and cinnamon in the batter. Instead, stir 2 tablespoons xylitol and 3 tablespoons cinnamon in a small bowl. After forming the balls of dough in your hand, roll that ball in this coating mixture. Place on cookie sheets and press as above).