Pumpkin Cake with Cinnamon Icing
Adapted from Kari Annell Penner
Ingredients for THE CAKE:
· 1 cup organic pure pumpkin puree
· 1 cup raw almond butter (unroasted)
· ½ cup xylitol
· 2 organic eggs
· 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
· ½ teaspoon baking soda
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 2 teaspoons cinnamon
· 1 teaspoon nutmeg
· ½ teaspoon cloves or allspice
· ½ teaspoon cardamom
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all the cake ingredients and mix thoroughly until combined.
3. Pour into an 8x8 glass-baking dish that has been lined with unbleached parchment paper.
4. Bake until completely cooked through about 35-45 min. Check for doneness with a toothpick.
Cinnamon icing (optional)
· 1/8 cup coconut butter (coconut cream) or organic butter
· 1/8 cup coconut oil, melted
· 1/8 cup xylitol or erythritol
· 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions for icing
In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients using a whisk to beat the ingredients until fluffy or you can use your mixing blade attachment.
Once the cake has cooled, cut it into squares. Next, drizzle with the frosting.