Protein Packed Brownies
Adapted from Max Life, Kimberly Roberto
Makes 18-24 brownies
• 1 (16) ounce jar raw almond butter, smooth unroasted
• 2 organic eggs
• ¾ cup xylitol (or ¾ cup erythritol or stevia to taste (liquid – start with 2 teaspoons and add from there, spoonable – start with 1/4 cup and add from there, pure stevia – start with 1/2 teaspoon and add from there)
• 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
• ½ cup cocoa powder
• ½ scoop chocolate or vanilla Perfect Protein
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• ½ cup unsweetened organic coconut milk
• 1 stevia sweetened chocolate bar, chopped or 90% cocoa chocolate bar
1. In a large bowl, blend almond butter until smooth with an electric mixer.
2. Blend in eggs, then xylitol and vanilla.
3. Add in cocoa, protein powder, salt and baking soda, and coconut milk, then fold in chopped chocolate bar.
4. Line a 9″ x 13″ glass baking dish with unbleached parchment paper and pour batter into dish. It may be thick so you may need to press it into shape.
5. Bake at 325 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.