Almond Flour Cheddar Biscuits
Adapted from www.backtothebooknutrition.com
· 3 cups almond meal or flour
· ½ teaspoon baking soda
· 1/3 teaspoon sea salt
· 1 tablespoon garlic powder
· ¼ cup melted organic salted butter
· 2 large organic eggs, lightly beaten
· 1 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese, raw if possible
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, baking soda, sea salt and garlic powder.
3. Add melted butter and egg gently stirring to mix.
4. Fold in cheddar cheese.
5. Use large spoon to drop 8 balls of biscuit dough onto an unbleached parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until tops are firm and surface is just beginning to brown.